Monday, August 15, 2011

Twists and Turns

I'm not sure I looked much past life at 50 before... so now it is staring me in the face.  From seeing what my dad is going through, to empty nest, very quiet house most days, surprise blessings of family, church family, wonderful friends and having some of the kids around (wishing it was all of them though :)).
and then.. what do you want from me at this stage Lord???  how can I best serve You? do you still have purpose for me?

Having been born to my parents when they were 36 and 38 changes how life at 50 has been.  It seems like I've dealt with some things that people at my age wouldn't deal with until they are older most of the time.  I've come to discover though that no journey is the same in raising kids, aging parents, marriage, walking with God, ministry, etc. etc.  What is true for me and works for me, doesn't always another.  What happens to us isn't exactly the same as what happens to a friend.  But experience is quite a teacher and I have tried to glean from others in it all. A good friend  has a class on elder care and has good source of information and support through some transitions in our world lately.  So thankful for who God has put in my life in different steps along the way. I truly don't know what I'd do without these people.  I also don't know what I would do without my supportive husband...goodness he has put up with a lot, and loves me anyway.  so lucky in love.... and of course, who can handle life with God himself being our rock?!
"when my world is shaking, heaven stands"  "when my world is breaking, I never leave Your hand"

I've been thinking how overwhelming the challenges can be sometimes and Satan wants me to think about them to the point of paralyzing me.  God help me know You can help me in anything.  God help me see the big picture, help me honor You always, help me value people more than any possession, help me be wise in all I do and say.  Help me forgive, move past hurts.  Help me love well.  Help me to have fun in You.   Lord help me lighten up.  The responsibilities sometimes can seem so crushing.  Goodness, doses of laughter and friendship and family are so refreshing... help me jump in those pools of refreshment often Lord, and in the pool of Your word and Your arms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment